sábado, outubro 23, 2004

Last Words

Não é que tenha ficado fatalista! Mas lembrei-me de procurar as últimas palavras de algumaas pessoas célebres.

See in what peace a Christian can die.~~ Joseph Addison, writer, d. June 17, 1719

Is it not meningitis?~~ Louisa M. Alcott, writer, d. 1888

Am I dying or is this my birthday?When she woke briefly during her last illness and found all her family around her bedside.~~ Lady Nancy Astor, d. 1964

Friends applaud, the comedy is finished.~~ Ludwig van Beethoven, composer, d. March 26, 1827

I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.~~ Humphrey Bogart, actor, d. January 14, 1957

I am about to -- or I am going to -- die: either expression is correct.~~ Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian, d. 1702

Now I shall go to sleep. Goodnight.~~ Lord George Byron, writer, d. 1824

I am still alive!Stabbed to death by his own guards - (as reported by Roman historian Tacitus)~~ Gaius Caligula, Roman Emperor, d.41 AD

Turn up the lights, I don't want to go home in the dark.~~ O. Henry (William Sidney Porter), writer, d. June 4, 1910

Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.From Luke 23:46~~ Jesus Christ

Sem comentários: