quinta-feira, novembro 25, 2004

ainda Churchill

Uma breve biografia: http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/PRchurchill.htm

E agora sim, o sentido de humor deste político inglês:

When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticise or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home.

Acerca de Clement Atlee, político de outro partido:
"A modest man, who has much to be modest about"
"An empty taxi arrived at 10 Downing Street, and when the door was opened, Atlee got out"


Acerca de Stanley Baldwin
"He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened"

E de longe a minha preferida:

Bessie Braddock to Churchill "Winston, your drunk!" Churchill: "Bessie, you're ugly, and tomorrow morning I shall be sober"

E ainda se perguntam qual o interesse que pode ter a Biografia deste sr.?

Sem comentários: